Frequently Asked Questions

Q. How am I charged for water service?

A. TRSUD reads customer meters monthly on or about the 15th of each month. Bills are then mailed to customers within approximately five working days. Note: Payment is due by the 10th of the following month. For more information, please see the water page.

Q. How am I charged for sanitary sewer service?

A. Sewer bills are based on the water usage during the months of December, January, and February. Note: Sewer bills are included on water bills. For more information, please see the sewer page.

Q. How can I get new water service or new sewer service?

A. You can by completing and submitting the following application: Service Application. Notes: New customers are urged to contact TRSUD regarding the availability of water or sewer service prior to completing the purchase of property. If you're a developer who wishes to apply for multiple connections, please This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. The availability of water and sewer service is contingent upon the availability of adequately sized water mains and associated facilities in the area of the potential service. Where adequately sized water mains and associated facilities are not available, water service may still be possible, but at an additional cost for extending mains to the location of the requested service. Please contact the TRSUD office for more information.

Q.  What can I do if my pressure seems too high?

A. Due to the location of Pump Station #5 and the hydraulics involved, the water must be moved under high pressures to deliver the water to the other pump stations and their associated distribution systems. These pressures can present problems within our customers' private plumbing. We strongly recommend that if you are concerned with high pressures, contact your local plumber to check your pressure, or you can do so yourself by purchasing a pressure gauge that can be attached to any outside water faucet.  You can have a pressure regulator installed on your service line by your plumber if you feel it is necessary.

Q.  As a developer, what are some of the requirements?

A.  Pursuant to Chapter 13.2502 of the Texas Water Code, Tryon Road Special Utility District hereby gives notice that any person who subdivides land by dividing any lot, tract, or parcel of land, within the service area of TRSUD CCN #20883, in Gregg and Harrison Counties, into two or more lots or sites for the purpose of sale or development, whether immediate or future, including re-subdivision of land for which a plat has been filed and recorded or requests more than two water or sewer service connections on a single contiguous tract of land must comply with Section F- Subdivisions, and Non-Standard Service Requirements contained in TRSUD's Tariff.

Tryon Road Special Utility District is not required to extend retail water or sewer utility service to service applicant in a subdivision where the developer of the subdivision has failed to comply with the Subdivison Policy.

Among other requirements, the Subdivision Policy requires:

  • Applicable elements of the Subdivision Policy, depending on the specific circumstances of the subdivision service, may include:
  • Evaluation by TRSUD of the impact a proposed subdivision service extension will make on TRSUD water supply/sewer service system and payment of the costs for this evaluation;
  • Payment of fees for reserving water supply/sewer capacity;
  • Forfeiture of reserved water supply/sewer capacity for failure to pay applicable fees;
  • Payment of costs of any improvements to TRSUD that are necessary to provide the water/sewer service;
  • Construction according to design approved by TRSUD dedication by the developer of water/sewer facilities with the subdivision following inspection.

TRSUD's Tariff and a map showing TRSUD's service area may be reviewed at TRSUD's office.  The Tariff and service area map are also filed of record at the TCEQ in Austin, TX.